HESC is pleased to announce that the Excelsior Scholarship Application is now available.
The Excelsior Scholarship, in combination with other student financial aid programs, allows students to attend a SUNY or CUNY college tuition-free. The program covers tuition for eligible SUNY and CUNY students. For the 2021-22 academic year, families who earned $125,000 or less in the tax year 2019 are eligible to apply.
In order to apply, students must meet eligibility requirements, including:
- Be residents of New York State
- Plan to attend a SUNY or CUNY two or four-year college
- Complete 30 credits per year towards their program of study
- Be on track to graduate on time with an Associate's Degree in two years or a Bachelor's Degree in four years
To complete the application, you will need:
- 2019 IT-201 NYS Income Tax Return(s) for you and your parent(s) or your spouse, as applicable
More information can be found at www.hesc.ny.gov/excelsior.